Social Security Lawyer Memphis, TN
How does a social security lawyer Memphis, TN offers help a child get disability benefits?
A child must meet several criteria in order to be eligible for social security income (SSI) benefits. The law is strict and confusing for many who are not a social security lawyer in Memphis, TN, and at Darrell Castle & Associates, PLLC we understand that. In fact, we’ve helped many families with a child who had need for benefits. Call us to request a free consultation with a skilled social security lawyer from our firm who may be able to assist you as well. Below are some general guidelines about (SSI) which may be helpful, but we do encourage you to call us for information that’s more specific to your exact circumstances.
SSI Eligibility for Children
Your social security lawyer in Memphis, TN from Darrell Castle & Associates, PLLC will be familiar with the details of your case and provide guidance throughout the process. If you already applied and were denied, contact us. We have a thorough understanding of what is necessary to meet eligibility requirements. In order for your child to qualify for SSI benefits:
- They must be younger than 18 years old.
- They must have a mental or physical condition that limits their abilities and which has or will last 12 consecutive months.
- Your household income and assets meet the program’s eligibility guidelines. Your social security lawyer in Memphis, TN can provide you with more information and determine if you meet these guidelines.
How can a social security lawyer in Memphis, TN help me apply for SSI for my child?
After a free consultation with a social security lawyer from Darrell Castle & Associates, PLLC, you will have a much clearer understanding of exactly how we can help you. Depending on your circumstances, we may be able to assist you in one or more of the following ways:
- Establishing proof of your child’s mental disability or disorder. SSI eligibility requirements include a low IQ of the child, a significant learning disability, autism, drug dependence, and depression, to name a few. However, proof of a qualifying condition must be included in the application. Your social security lawyer in Memphis, TN will have a thorough understanding of how to obtain the necessary tests and how to document and include the results with your application.
- Identify and collect the necessary documents to complete your application. Your child’s condition and age will influence what is needed, and your social security lawyer in Memphis, TN will recognize what must be collected. It may include medical records, school records, and any other relevant information.
- Determine if additional testing of your child is necessary in order to fulfill the eligibility requirements.
- Represent your child at the social security administration hearing.
Physical Disabilities That May Qualify for SSI
An experienced social security lawyer in Memphis, TN from our firm can confirm whether or not your child’s condition will likely qualify for SSI. Here are some examples of common physical disabilities for which children may receive benefits:
- cystic fibrosis
- growth impairments
- spine disorder
- heart transplant
- hearing or vision loss
- chronic liver disease
- serious burns
- kidney disorder
Call a Social Security Lawyer Who Can Make a Difference
If you would like to know more about how a social security lawyer Memphis, TN families rely on can help you too, call our office today for a free consultation.