With an Experienced Bankruptcy Attorney, Filing for Bankruptcy Is Easy.
If you have debts you just can’t pay, you may be considering bankruptcy. And if filing for bankruptcy seems scary, you’ve come to the right place.
Our Memphis bankruptcy attorneys help put your mind at ease. We answer every question, take every case seriously, and make the process smooth for you.
The decision to file for bankruptcy isn’t always easy, but the process certainly can be. And it can make a huge impact on your life. We know, because we see it happen every day for our clients.
Making the Bankruptcy Process Better
With 30+ years experience of practicing bankruptcy law in Memphis, we’ve seen the best and worst of bankruptcy law. We know what makes the process work, and we’ve dedicated ourselves to offering it to you.
That means we make ourselves available to you. We answer your calls, take you seriously, and treat you like the individual person you are. Our clients know we have their back through the whole process.
You may be afraid to file for bankruptcy, but we try to show it’s nothing to be scared of. In fact, with the right attitude, you can come out of the bankruptcy process stronger financially than you went in. All it takes is some work and patience.
That’s why we offer all our clients a great program to help you improve your credit score to an A rating within one year, even after a bankruptcy. And we provide free resources about life after bankruptcy.
Get Answers to Your Questions About Filing for Bankruptcy
If you have questions or are considering bankruptcy, our Memphis bankruptcy attorneys would love to talk with you.
Contact Darrell Castle & Associates online or call us at (901) 327-2100. You’ll be glad you did.
How to Recover from Bankruptcy
For some, filing for bankruptcy is necessary to erase debt and get a financial fresh start. However, bankruptcy can hurt your credit score initially and make it difficult to get approved for loans. The good news is that you can take steps to improve your life. Here are some different ways to recover from bankruptcy.
- Keep all of your bankruptcy paperwork. A mistake some people make after declaring bankruptcy is not saving all of their paperwork. If you apply for a mortgage or other loan in the future, you may be asked for copies of your bankruptcy files. Additionally, if a debt collector contacts you about a debt in your bankruptcy, you’ll have your paperwork nearby.
- Create a budget. One of the most effective ways to avoid getting into debt again is to establish a budget. Begin by writing down your current expenses and deciding what you can realistically cut out. For example, you may want to cut some of your streaming subscriptions if you don’t watch them frequently enough. If you eat at restaurants frequently, you may want to think about cooking at home more often.
- Build an emergency fund. It’s a wise move to start building an emergency fund as soon as possible after you finish your bankruptcy. If you lose your job or have an unexpected expense, you will be less likely to get into debt again. Even if you can only afford to contribute a small amount of money each month, any bit helps.
- Rebuild your credit rating. It’s no secret that bankruptcy can make your credit rating take a hit. While this can be disheartening, it’s possible to rebuild your credit over time. Pay all of your bills on time and try to make more than the minimum payment on your credit card bills. If you can’t qualify for traditional credit right now, consider applying for a secured credit card. This credit card will require you to deposit your own money. If you make timely payments on your secured credit card, you may eventually qualify for traditional credit cards.
- Check your credit reports regularly. Monitoring your credit reports after bankruptcy will help you make sure all of your information is accurate. For example, if discharged debt isn’t coming up on your credit reports, you should contact the credit reporting agency. Inaccurate information can lower your credit score.
Frequently Asked Questions | Bankruptcy
If you are a resident of Memphis filing for bankruptcy, you may benefit from the assistance of an experienced attorney from Darrell Castle & Associates. Our qualified and experienced bankruptcy attorney can help you navigate the complexities of the bankruptcy process and help you make well-informed financial decisions that serve your best interests. Bankruptcy is a viable option for individuals and businesses who are facing crippling debt to take control of their finances and find relief.
If you are researching bankruptcy, consider the following frequently asked questions:
What does a bankruptcy attorney do?
A bankruptcy attorney is a legal professional who specializes in helping individuals and businesses navigate the bankruptcy process. They can advise clients on their options, including whether to file for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, and guide them through the process from start to finish. They can also represent clients in court and negotiate with creditors on their behalf.
How can a bankruptcy attorney help me with my bankruptcy filing?
A bankruptcy attorney can provide invaluable assistance in navigating the complex bankruptcy process. They can help you determine whether bankruptcy is the right choice for you, and if so, which type of bankruptcy to file. They can also assist you in preparing and filing the necessary paperwork, represent you in court hearings, and negotiate with creditors to help you achieve the best possible outcome.
What are the types of bankruptcy that can be filed in Tennessee?
In Tennessee, individuals can file for bankruptcy under Chapter 7 or Chapter 13. Chapter 7 is a liquidation bankruptcy that allows for the discharge of most unsecured debts, while Chapter 13 is a reorganization bankruptcy that creates a payment plan to pay off debts over a period of three to five years. If you are a resident of Memphis filing for bankruptcy, we urge you to consult with an experienced attorney from our firm at your earliest convenience.
What are the benefits of hiring a bankruptcy attorney?
The benefits of hiring a bankruptcy attorney are numerous. First and foremost, they can provide accurate and dependable advice on your financial situation and help you make informed decisions about your future. They can also help you avoid common mistakes and pitfalls that could cause your case to be dismissed or delayed. Additionally, they can negotiate with creditors on your behalf, potentially reducing the amount you owe or arranging more favorable repayment terms.
What should I look for when hiring a bankruptcy attorney?
When hiring a bankruptcy attorney, it’s important to look for someone with experience in bankruptcy law and a track record of success. You should also consider their communication skills, availability, and fees. It’s a good idea to schedule a consultation with an attorney in your area to discuss your situation in detail.
Schedule a Consultation Today
If you are a resident of Memphis filing for bankruptcy, you may benefit from the assistance of an experienced attorney from Darrell Castle & Associates. It’s important to note that bankruptcy should be considered as a last resort after all other options have been explored. Before filing for bankruptcy, it’s a good idea to speak with a bankruptcy attorney to discuss your options and determine whether bankruptcy is the right choice for you.