Legal Help for Your Memphis Motorcycle Accident
As a motorcycle accident lawyer Memphis TN knows and trusts, I’ve seen firsthand what a crash can do and how difficult it can be on the victim and their loved ones. After an accident, you don’t need mountains of bills and frustrating insurance companies to distract you while you recover. You need someone by your side who will fight for you to get the compensation you need and deserve.
That’s where we come in. Our Memphis firm helps victims of motorcycle accidents, so you don’t have to worry about the legal troubles.
We know bikers and their families look for someone they can trust. You want to know you’re in good hands with someone who really cares about your case and will fight for you with everything they’ve got.
Our firm consistently wins awards for client care. And we get a huge portion of our new business from our many satisfied clients. That’s because we give people our time, energy, and dedication. And you’ll know it the minute you walk into our office.
So if you’re looking for a motorcycle accident lawyer Memphis TN depends on, look no further. Contact us today at 901-327-1212.
What to Look for in a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
There are a few things you should always look for in a motorcycle accident attorney:
- Does the firm have an outstanding reputation for client satisfaction?
- Will they return your phone calls and keep you informed?
- Do they make you feel heard and understood?
And you should also look at their other areas of practice. For example, if a big commercial truck caused your accident, does the attorney have the experience to take on the case? Truck accidents sometimes involve workers’ compensation and product liability laws. Does your attorney have what it takes?
As one of the leading attorneys in worker’s compensation and product liability in the Memphis area, I know how all of these laws interact. I can help you determine exactly who was at fault for your accident and why. And I can even help with disability and bankruptcy, which both come up at times in serious personal injury cases.
Meet the Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Memphis TN Trusts
Have you or a loved one been injured in a motorcycle accident? As you deal with the aftermath of a motorcycle injury, you need a compassionate and capable attorney to handle the insurance companies on your behalf. We care about bikers and we’ll fight hard to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
As a Marine veteran who has lived and practiced law in Memphis for over 30 years, I have the experience and the tenacity to fight the toughest motorcycle cases and win.
We’d love to talk with you about your case. Call me today at 901-327-1212 or contact us online to discuss your situation for free, no strings attached.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Riding a motorcycle on a warm and sunny day can certainly be freeing and relaxing. However, nothing will ruin a nice motorcycle ride like an accident. Unfortunately, motorcyclists are more likely to suffer catastrophic injuries during accidents because they lack the protection of a vehicle. Here are the most common motorcycle accident injuries.
- Head injuries. Head injuries are the most serious injuries motorcyclists can sustain and have a higher fatality rate. These injuries can lead to permanent physical and mental disabilities and may require long-term care. Motorcyclists can suffer this injury if they hit their head on the pavement, another vehicle or object during a collision. Common symptoms of a heady injury include headache, dizziness, nausea and confusion. Motorcyclists can greatly reduce their risk of a severe injury by always wearing a helmet.
- Spinal cord injuries. As a motorcycle accident lawyer in Memphis, TN can attest, motorcycle accidents can also result in spinal cord injuries. The brain sends signals through the nerves of the spinal cord, so these injuries can be devastating. In the most severe cases, motorcyclists can suffer permanent paralysis, requiring lifetime medical care.
- Road rash. Road rash can occur when motorcyclists are thrown off their bike and slide across the road. While this injury might not be fatal, it is incredibly painful and can lead to serious complications. Some injured victims may require skin grafts or have permanent scarring.
- Broken bones. When motorcyclists are thrown off their bikes in an accident, they can easily break bones in their arms, legs and other body parts. If a bone is broken in more than one place, surgery may be required to repair it. Broken bones cause excruciating pain and take a long time to recover from.
- Biker’s arm. As mentioned above, it is common for motorcyclists to get thrown off their bikes in the event of an accident. When this occurs, it is a natural reaction to put your arms in front of your body to reduce the impact. Unfortunately, this can result in biker’s arm, which can cause nerve damage. If the damage is severe enough, paralysis can result.
- Facial injuries. In a motorcycle accident, bikers can also suffer severe facial injuries, like broken facial bones, eye damage, facial scarring and tooth loss. Some of these injuries can cause disfigurement, which can deeply affect the person’s self-esteem.
Frequently Asked Questions | Motorcycle Accidents
At Darrell Castle & Associates our qualified Memphis, TN motorcycle accident lawyer is well prepared to assist you after your accident. We are here to answer your questions and help you make well-informed decisions about the next steps to take.
What should I do immediately after a motorcycle accident?
After a motorcycle accident, it is important to take care of your physical health and safety first. Seek medical attention immediately if needed. If you are able, take photos of the accident scene, obtain contact and insurance information from any other drivers involved, and contact the police. It is also important to report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible. Even if you feel that medical attention is not immediately necessary, you should still seek a post-accident medical evaluation. Documentation from this evaluation may be used for reference in your claims.
Can I still file a claim if I was partially at fault for the accident?
Yes, you may still be able to file a claim if you were partially at fault for the accident. Many states follow a comparative negligence system, which means that your compensation may be reduced based on your percentage of fault. An experienced lawyer can help you understand the laws in your state and how they may impact your case.
What types of damages can I recover in a motorcycle accident claim?
In a motorcycle accident claim, you may be able to recover a variety of damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and property damage. If the other driver was particularly reckless or malicious, you may also be able to recover punitive damages. For specific information about the damages you may be entitled to, speak with our qualified Memphis motorcycle accident lawyer. After your initial consultation, we will be able to form a more concise outline of damages you may be entitled to pursue.
How long do I have to file a motorcycle accident claim?
The statute of limitations for motorcycle accident claims varies by state, but in many states, you have two to three years from the date of the accident to file a claim. It is important to speak with a lawyer as soon as possible to ensure that you do not miss any important deadlines. Our team is ready to take your call or schedule a meeting to talk about the specifics of your accident.
Should I hire a lawyer for my motorcycle accident claim?
It is recommended to hire an experienced lawyer for your motorcycle accident claim. Our Memphis motorcycle accident lawyer can help you navigate the challenges of the claims process, negotiate with insurance companies, and help ensure that you are receiving fair compensation for injuries and damages. We can also help gather evidence and build a strong case which will be important for efforts to obtain fair compensation for damages and injuries that were sustained.
Contact or call Darrell Castle & Associates today. We’d love to talk with you about your case and discuss your unique situation for free, no strings attached.
“Everyone that me and my wife delt with were so helpful and understanding . So far they have been wonderful , explained everything very well , where even I understood!! Would highly recomend them.”