Despite all the efforts from politicians, non-profits, and medical professionals, the cost of health care in the United States continues to rise. Many Americans face extremely high monthly insurance premiums and skyrocketing co-pays, and quality care can seem impossible.
Even in today’s workforce, where jobs can be scarce and the search can take years, 57% of Americans would decline a job if it didn’t offer health benefits. 2/3 of adults say all the other office perks can’t make up for the value of employer-sponsored health benefits.
And did you know…
- healthcare is the number one cause of personal bankruptcy
- medical debt is responsible for more collections than credit cards
- around 40% of Americans owe collectors money for costs related to illness
- Americans pay 3x more for medical debt than they do for bank and credit-card debt combined
- In 2014, medical debt collectors gathered $21 billion from Americans*
- And after over a year with the Affordable Care Act, medical debt doesn’t appear to be declining
We’re desperate for someone – anyone – to cover these massive costs.
But instead, the cost often falls on the patients. And so we have a crisis: many Americans are one emergency away from bankruptcy.
We’re seeing it in our office every day! Maybe you know what this feels like:
We have clients swimming in emergency room bills and hospital charges – debt they never wanted in the first place, that they felt no choice but to take on. Some folks we see can afford the healthcare… as long as they wait to pay off other bills, like the mortgage, car payment, or utilities.
Need help filing for bankruptcy?
If you’re struggling because of medical bills, we can help you get back the freedom you need and deserve.
We’ve helped thousands of people get out of medical debt and move forward with their lives.
Don’t wait to get started. Contact me today to get out of debt.
*As of 2014, via The Atlantic