You’ve got a lot to think about after a personal injury or motor vehicle accident. If the accident was another person’s fault, you might need to consider taking legal action to recover lost wages and pay for medical treatment. A doctor of chiropractic is an essential ally to have on your team under these circumstances.
Chiropractors can not only provide essential treatment for your injury and support for your recovery, but they can also provide needed evaluation and documentation to support a personal injury or auto accident case.
How Chiropractic Care Helps Your Recovery
Chiropractors know how to treat back and neck pain without drugs and invasive techniques. A doctor of chiropractic is uniquely positioned to help personal injury and car accident victims avoid the dangers of addictive prescription drugs and the risks of surgery.
With spinal adjustments and complementary therapies, chiropractors can help to:
- Relieve inflammation and pain. Injuries from trauma and impacts may take months to heal fully, but a chiropractor can often provide pain relief and recovery more quickly by addressing the underlying issues. Chiropractors can restore lost joint and spinal alignment that puts pressure on the tissues, muscles, and nerves, leading to inflammation and pain.
When the spine is no longer aligned, complications result. Using specific hands-on manipulations, known as chiropractic adjustments, can help a chiropractor remove structural or nerve irritation that may be causing your neck or back pain.
- Restore movement restriction and mobility. Inflamed tissues resulting from personal injuries and motor vehicle accidents can become sore and stiff and may inhibit movement. Chiropractic care can assist patients with regaining full range of motion and mobility through spinal manipulation and other complementary therapies.
- Support long-term healing. Impact injuries and other traumas can bring on muscle weakness and leave patients unstable and vulnerable to re-injury. Chiropractic care often involves rehabilitative exercises that can strengthen the muscles surrounding the spine and improve flexibility.
How Chiropractic Care Can Help Your Personal Injury or Auto Accident Case
Beyond treating the injury, there are ways that a doctor of chiropractic can actually help with the personal injury claim itself. They include:
- Thorough documentation of chiropractic treatment can improve your chances of a favorable settlement. For your case, you need to ensure that the medical care you receive is deemed a “medical necessity.” Plus, personal injury claims are not likely to be settled without proper documentation. A chiropractor can both treat you and support the steps needed to help you receive a favorable settlement.
- Chiropractors can work with insurance companies. Dealing with the ins and outs of insurance is an added stress you don’t need after an injury or trauma. Working with a chiropractor experienced with accident and personal injury claims may help relieve the stress and worry about owing out-of-pocket expenses.
- Chiropractic counsel may lead to more timely claims. When you take legal action for an injury from another’s negligence, chiropractic counsel can help. A chiropractor with personal injury focus can improve your personal injury claim by advising which of your injuries need treatments, and what the best course of action is.
If you get treatment quickly after a car accident or personal injury, you may optimize your recovery chances. Call a chiropractor Glen Burnie, MD chooses and schedule a consultation today.
Thank you to our friends and contributors at Mid Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractic for their insight into how a chiropractor can help you heal and win your case.