Car Accident Lawyer Memphis TN
A car accident lawyer Memphis TN motorists work with from Darrell Castle & Associates, PLLP can help you recover damages from the driver who caused your injury. In a perfect world, the at-fault driver’s insurance company will pay you in full for all of your accident-related costs, including wages, for any days you missed work during your recovery. Sadly, it often does not work out that way. An experienced Memphis car accident lawyer from our firm can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Dealing with the Insurance Companies
If you have filed a personal injury claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company and they either denied it or offered an unfair settlement amount, we may be able to help you. A car accident lawyer Memphis TN victims turn to from Darrell Castle & Associates, PLLC can represent you in dealing with the insurance adjuster. Your attorney can do the following on your behalf as appropriate:
- Refile your claim if it was denied. Before doing so, your attorney may investigate the circumstances of your accident and provide sufficient evidence and proof that you were not at fault. A successful claim is often dependent on providing a solid case that you deserve a fair settlement for your accident-related damages.
- A car accident lawyer Memphis TN motorists recommend for victims in similar circumstances may directly respond to the reason given by the insurance company to deny your claim. For instance, if they claim there is not sufficient medical proof that substantiates your injury, your attorney may send you to a doctor. That doctor can perform an exam and any necessary tests to document your injury.
- Negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company on your behalf. A car accident lawyer in Memphis TN from our firm will likely have more success with negotiations. This is because the insurance company knows that if they do not arrive at a fair settlement agreement with your attorney, the next step will likely be a lawsuit. That will cost them significant money in lawyer and court fees, possibly in addition to a jury award.
- Represent you in court. If it becomes necessary to pursue a lawsuit, a car accident lawyer Memphis TN community members rely on from Darrell Castle & Associates, PLLC can file a lawsuit. Your attorney will likely use the information and proof gathered during earlier phases for the injury claim. In addition, your attorney may call expert witnesses to the stand who can testify on your behalf. For example, he or she may call on medical experts, forensic accident investigators, witnesses, first responders, the law enforcement officers who responded to the accident scene, etc..
Should I File a Claim for a Personal Injury?
A car accident lawyer Memphis TN residents trust understands that it may be difficult for you to discern whether an injury you sustained was caused by the negligent actions of someone else. If you were, you may have grounds for a personal injury claim, if you are unsure, you should seek specific advice from an experienced car accident lawyer. View our list of possible factors that can help you determine if you want to move forward with a claim.
Were You Injured?
Tennessee tort law says that when we are injured as a result of another party’s negligence or behavior, that party is responsible for compensation for those injuries. When you are in a car accident, you may experience minor injuries at first, or not feel injures from the accident right away. You should still visit a physician, as injury symptoms may take time to present themselves. This is especially true if there are questions surrounding the cause of the incident. Always visit a doctor after the accident, regardless of whether or not there are obvious injuries.
Were There Medical Expenses for Those Injuries?
You may have medical insurance which provides full or partial coverage for treatment for your injuries. However, these expenses should be covered by vehicle accident liability insurance of either the at-fault driver or your own auto insurance if the the accident was a hit and run or the other driver was uninsured or underinsured.
Another important factor with injuries and compensation is if the injuries caused you to lose time from work, resulting in lost wages or the necessity of using benefits, such as vacation or sick time. Compensation for these losse are also the responsibility of the at-fault driver.
Do I Have a Case?
Attending a consultation with an experienced car accident lawyer Memphis TN victims rely on can help you determine the validity of the case, as well as the list of damages to include in your personal injury claim. Your attorney will gather medical records, eyewitness accounts and other forms of support to help you strengthen your case. Your Memphis TN car accident lawyer will need to prove to the insurance companies that your injuries were a direct result of a third party’s negligence.
A case of personal injury is usually contentious and will be a back and forth process with the insurance company before reaching a suitable settlement. It is possible the insurance company will deny your claim and you may have to go to court to pursue damages. This can be intimidating, however, your car accident lawyer Memphis TN locals recommend from Darrell Castle & Associates will advocate on your behalf and communicate with the insurance companies. They are there to help you win the compensation you deserve.
Moving Forward with a Claim
After suffering from a car accident, you may feel intimidated by the claims process. Your first step should be to call an experienced car accident lawyer Memphis TN families count on for a consultation. If you are worried about cost, most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis. This means that you pay no money up front and the lawyer collects a fee only if they win your case. Discuss the particular details of your case and the important steps you must take in the claims process. This can be intimidating for some. Thankfully, with a car accident lawyer Memphis TN provides by your side, you have the representation you need to seek the compensation you deserve.
PTSD and Car Accidents
At Darrell Castle & Associates, PLLC, each car accident lawyer has successfully represented many clients who have been injured in car accidents. The injuries range from minor to catastrophic and often prohibit the victim from physically doing the work and activities they did prior to the accident. Sometimes those limitations are only temporary while the victim recovers and sometimes those limitations are permanent because the victim has been left with lifelong disabilities.
We also have clients who have been left with emotional injuries from their crash. One disorder that has become more and more recognized as a significant emotional injury from car accidents is post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). If you have experienced a terrifying car crash and are now suffering from PTSD symptoms, contact our office to find out how we can help.
A car accident victim may not even realize they are suffering from PTSD. The stress and fright that a person experiences when they are involved in a crash is a normal reaction. When a crash occurs, victims often experience a fight-or-flight reaction, accompanied by an adrenaline rush. Their heart suddenly races, their breathing increases, and their palms become sweaty. Many people describe feeling very shaky after an accident. This is an indicator that your fight-or-flight response has kicked in.
These ramped up feelings usually begin to settle down over hours, days, or weeks after the crash, depending on how bad the accident was and the individual victim. But there are many people who continue to experience these feelings of fright or feeling threatened even though there is nothing to be afraid of. This is what PTSD feels like.
Organizations that study post-traumatic stress disorder have found that a large population of victims who have experienced serious car accidents suffer from mental and emotional health issue after the crash. Some of these issues include anxiety disorders, major depression, and PTSD. Studies have concluded that approximately 60 percent of victims who survive a catastrophic car crash develop PTSD.
So how does a car accident victim know if they have developed PTSD or if they are just dealing with the normal aftermath of a crash? Typically, PTSD symptoms began developing with three months of the crash. It is important to note, however, that some victims have developed the disorder three years later. The following are common symptoms that victims with PTSD have described having:
- They avoid traveling in a vehicle
- When they are driving, they are very tense. Many victims describe being “on edge” when they behind the wheel
- They are easily startled
- Poor sleep because of nightmares
- Many describe having a negative self-perception of themselves
Contact a Memphis TN Car Accident Lawyer for Help
If you were involved in a serious car accident and have suffered emotional, physical, or psychological issues caused by the crash, contact Darrell Castle & Associates, PLLC today. A car accident lawyer Memphis TN clients recommend from our firm can evaluate your case and determine the financial impact these injuries have had on your life. Call our office today to set up a free and confidential consultation.
“They were great handling my bankruptcy case. My attorney Renee Kammer even went to court with me because I was having so much anxiety over it. She was very professional and helped me get everything taken care of. I would definitely recommend this place if you need a bankruptcy lawyer.”