The Hospital Injury Lawyers Memphis TN Trusts With Their Biggest Cases
If you’ve been injured while in a hospital, you need the hospital injury lawyers Memphis TN has trusted for over 30 years.
Maybe you’re facing injury from medical malpractice. Maybe you took a dangerous drug or used a medical device that caused a negative reaction. No matter what the cause, you have a right to speak with an experienced Memphis attorney about your situation. We can help you decide how to move forward and what to expect.
Our firm offers award-winning customer service and gets results. You can rest assured with our firm you’ll receive respect and care as we fight for your case with everything we’ve got.
Medical Malpractice in Memphis Hospitals
Medical malpractice is an extremely serious allegation, and one we don’t take lightly. But sometimes the absolute worst thing does happen. In tragic cases like that, the question becomes: who pays?
When you experience a traumatic hospital injury you usually need a lot of help covering the costs, which can quickly skyrocket. Some are financial costs and some are more deeply personal than money:
- Emergency services
- Medical care
- Lost time from work
- Physical therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of ability to do the things you love
- and more.
Our firm helps you recover the compensation you need and deserve to recover from these injuries. We take your case seriously and treat you with dignity and care. That’s why we’re one of the top hospital injury lawyers Memphis TN turns to after a medical injury.
What Constitutes Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice occurs when a medical provider (a doctor, hospital, etc) provides substandard care and causes harm, injury, or death to a patient. To have a strong medical malpractice case, you need to have experienced a serious harm because of your medical provider’s negligence or wrongdoing. Learn about Hospital Liability for Inadequate Staff-to-Patient Ratios.
For example, perhaps the hospital switched your file and operated on you incorrectly, or refused to give you a test that would have diagnosed you properly. Perhaps the surgeon left materials in your body after the surgery (a common and extremely dangerous problem). Or perhaps the doctor behaved in a dangerous way and made grave mistakes during the operation.
How to Prove Medical Malpractice Negligence
Darrell Castle & Associates are hospital injury lawyers Memphis TN offers to those seriously injured while seeking medical care. If you are one of the many patients hurt due to negligence on the part of a medical provider, talk to one of our attorneys. We offer a free initial consultation to people who believe they may be a medical malpractice victim.
Sadly, Memphis hospital injury lawyers do not have a perfect record. Like any other area of the country, medical professionals make mistakes every day. Unfortunately, these mistakes can have serious or even deadly consequences. However, a medical mistake does not automatically qualify as medical malpractice. The law can be complicated and confusing. We encourage you to present your case to hospital injury lawyers Memphis TN residents trust for an evaluation. Only a qualified malpractice attorney can provide legal advice. In advance of contacting Darrell Castle & Associates, here is some general information about how to prove negligence for a medical malpractice case.
What is required to prove medical malpractice?
Sometimes, an accident is simply an accident, and this can occur within the medical community as well. Courts understand this, so they require certain criteria in order to protect the medical community when an honest mistake happens but also hold them accountable when avoidable mistakes result in serious injuries. Hospital injury lawyers Memphis TN patients turn to when they wonder if they have a valid claim will look for the following elements. If they cannot prove all of the following, they cannot win your case:
- A professional relationship existed between the patient and the medical provider.This may seem obvious, but if a doctor casually provides you with information in a social setting and the advice didn’t work, you can’t sue the doctor. To prove a professional relationship existed, you will need to submit copies of invoices and your medical records. Hospital injury lawyers Memphis TN accident victims trust can recognize valid documentation. If an attorney from Darrell Castle & Associates takes your case, he may work with you to get the proper documentation.
- The medical provider acted negligently. This is recognized in situations where the doctor did something, or didn’t do something, that most doctors in that particular situation would have done differently. For example, if a patient’s condition warrants an immediate medical procedure but the doctor does nothing despite the risk of not performing the procedure, this can be considered negligence.
- The medical provider’s negligence resulted in harming the patient. Continuing the above example, if because he did not perform the necessary procedure, the patient was harmed as a result, this particular criteria is met. This often requires testimony from third-party medical experts. Hospital injury lawyers in Memphis TN from Darrell Castle & Associates work with individuals who are recognized for their expertise within the medical profession. It’s not unusual to call upon them when necessary to testify on behalf of our clients.
- The harm or injury damaged the patient in a measurable way. A medical malpractice suit must show that as a result of the medical provider’s negligence, the patient was seriously injured. Common examples of measurable injuries include:
- Temporary or permanent disability.
- Physical pain.
- Emotional pain.
- Medical bills that are directly attributable to the harm caused by the medical provider. For example, not for the original procedure costs but for costs to treat the avoidable injury.
- Hourly wages or salary and benefits that the injured victim loses on account of the avoidable injury.
If you may have a medical malpractice case, call Darrell Castle & Associates at 901-327-2100 to speak with one of our hospital injury lawyers Memphis TN locals rely on to protect their rights.
Dangerous Drug Injuries in Memphis Hospitals
Sometimes the doctor or hospital isn’t the problem. Sometimes the drugs or medical devices they use cause the injury instead. This is actually a different kind of case from medical malpractice. Fortunately, as hospital injury lawyers Memphis TN knows and trusts, we’ve handled dangerous drug cases for years.
These cases happen all the time and affect patients from every walk of life. Often the drug company has an idea the drug or device is dangerous, but they decide not to do anything about it.
We know how to handle large pharmaceutical companies and can help you get the compensation you need after a drug injury.
Contact the Hospital Injury Lawyers Memphis TN Trusts
If you’ve been injured in a hospital there’s no reason to wait. We offer exceptional service and don’t get paid a penny unless you do. If your injury renders you unable to visit our office, we can come to you. And we offer free resources to help you understand what’s happening with your case.
Call us at 901-327-1212 or contact us online. You can speak with one of the top hospital injury lawyers Memphis TN has to offer today.