Long Term Disability Lawyer Memphis TN
Social security disability benefits are provided to adults who are unable to work because of an injury or illness, as well as disabled children. These benefits are not solely based upon how much someone has worked, but rather upon an applicant’s ability to meet the SSA’s definition of “disabled”. This process is complicated and requires applicants to complete a number of very detailed forms. The submission of medical records, employment records, and more is also required. Although an applicant does not have to retain a Memphis, Tennessee long term disability lawyer, it is recommended.
For years, the long term disability lawyers at Darrell Castle & Associates have been helping people receive social security disability payments in a timely manner. We know how difficult this system can be and suggest that you retain a lawyer if you believe you need SSD payments. The following are some reasons why:
- There is a good chance your first application will be denied. The Social Security Administration has stated that up to 60% of first time applicants will be denied SSD benefits. Around 26% of these applicants were awarded benefits afterwards, and 3% were reconsidered and approved. Another 13% obtained benefits after an appeals hearing. A long-term disability lawyer in Memphis TN may help to get you the benefits you need from the very beginning.
- You could be denied because of a technicality. According to the SSA, you generally need so many work credits; of which 20 should have been earned within the last 10 years. However, the amount of credits needed may depend on the applicant’s age. Other technical-related denials may have nothing to do with the applicant’s condition, but rather something else.
- A Memphis, TN long term disability lawyer knows the SSD system. Darrell Castle & Associates has qualified social security lawyers who handle SSD applications and appeals every day. We know what needs to be done to ensure your case is presented in the best way possible.
- A Social Security lawyer is effective. The SSA said in 2012 that enlisting the help of a third party, such as a social security lawyer, could potentially expedite the process and ensure the applicant receives the most informed consideration. By law, anyone can help an applicant, but an ideal third party should have an in-depth understanding of the SSA’s policies, be ready to document the applicant’s conditions, and establish communication with all parties involved.
- You are protected. When you retain a Memphis, TN long term disability lawyer, your rights will be protected. Furthermore, you can feel peace of mind in knowing the legal ethical standards, including confidentiality, will be implemented.
- You likely can afford a social security lawyer Memphis TN families trust. No matter which long term disability lawyer you choose, if you are trying to receive benefits, the lawyers’ fees may be regulated by the SSA. This means that he or she must file a fee petition with the SSA. When this happens, the SSA may approve payments for a maximum of 25% of past-due benefits or $6000, whichever amount is less. A representative may also charge for other expenses which are on a case by case basis.
Learn More About What an SSD Long Term Disability Lawyer Can Do For You
If you’re unsure about whether or not you qualify to receive SSD benefits, call a long term disability lawyer Memphis, TN clients recommend from Darrell Castle & Associates.