Wage Garnishment Lawyer Memphis TN
If you are in need of a wage garnishment lawyer Memphis TN has several to choose from. However, you may want to look no further than Darrell Castle & Associates. Reading through reviews of different law firms for a wage garnishment lawyer, Darrell Castle & Associates, PLLC, has stronger reviews than other firms. We know our customers deserve an attorney who can work relentlessly to ease their anxiety, who can give their case their full attention, and can even make house and hospital visits if our clients are unable to travel.
Here are a few points that stand out compared to our competitors:
- We have customer service that has earned our firm many five star ratings.
- We are a wage garnishment lawyer in Memphis TN that is willing to make house calls, hospital calls, or office visits.
- Our staff is understanding, respectful, and comfortable to work with.
- We can try and make a painful process easy and stress-free.
- Wage Garnishment
A wage garnishment lawyer Memphis TN provides can help you through the garnishment process. Wage garnishment is a severe result of getting behind on your debts and having no way to pay them off. Certain debts that are able to be repaid through wage garnishment are:
- Credit card debt
- Student loans
- Child support
- Medical bills
Wage garnishment is deducting a certain amount of money from an individual’s paycheck due to a court order, and may proceed until any and all debts are paid off. A Memphis wage garnishment lawyer, such as the attorneys at Darrell Castle, can help you from the beginning all the way to the end of this progression.
A wage garnishment lawyer Memphis TN offers understands what you are going through. Our attorneys have helped many clients through this who can now say they are debt free. It is easier than you think to get into debt, whether it is because your student loan payments are larger than the money you bring home each month, you’ve lost your job and are using your credit card for payments, or a variety of other possibilities. We can do our best to take some of the stress away that these concerns may bring. No one ever thinks they will get to this point in life, and our goal is to help you through it so you do not have to declare bankruptcy, so call a wage garnishment lawyer Memphis TN trusts.
Choose Darrell Castle & Associates
Darrell Castle & Associates, PLLC, is a law firm you can call on to bring righteousness, financial peace, and understanding to the situation. We can be with you all the way through to the end, and can answer any and all questions that may arise during this process. Combine our years of experience with our passion for this field, our professionalism, and the determination to help people out of financial debt, and you’ll see that our attorneys are here for you. Willing to make house calls, hospital calls, or office visits, Darrell Castle & Associates is a wage garnishment lawyer Memphis TN can trust.
Steps to Stop Wage Garnishment
If you have just received a letter from your creditors that states they will begin garnishing your wages, you likely feel shocked and anxious. However, you can take the appropriate steps to stop this from happening.
- Respond to the Demand Letter: Before they start garnishing your wages, creditors must send you a demand letter. While it can be tempting to just ignore the letter, it will just make things worse. Many creditors will agree to getting partial payments from debtors instead of dealing with the headache associated with garnishment paperwork. Try to negotiate a payment plan with your creditors that you can afford.
- Go to Debt Counseling: Another option a wage garnishment lawyer in Memphis, TN may suggest is getting debt counseling. A debt counseling agency will help you come to an agreement with your creditors to pay them over a period of time. If your creditors agree to this arrangement, they can’t garnish your wages as long as you make your payments on time.
- Oppose the Garnishment: If you do not do anything once you have received a demand letter from your creditors, you may soon receive a garnishment order from your employer. For example, if your creditor is garnishing too much money from your paychecks, you can object to that. In the state of Tennessee, creditors can only garnish 25% of your disposable earnings. You may also object if you already paid the judgment.
- Go to the Objection Hearing: If you have filed an objection to your creditor’s demands, you will have to attend a hearing. If you skip the hearing, the judge will likely allow the garnishment to begin. It may be in your best interest to have a wage garnishment lawyer in Memphis, TN accompany you to the hearing. He or she will guide you through the process and prevent you from saying the wrong things that could jeopardize your case. If you have a skilled wage garnishment lawyer on your side, you may feel more confident going into the courtroom.
- Documents You Should Bring to Your Hearing
If a judge has granted you an objection hearing, it is important to bring the appropriate documents. These documents should support your objection. For instance, if you believe your creditors are garnishing too much money from your paychecks, you should bring your recent pay stubs to your hearing.
Willing to make house calls, hospital calls, or office visits, Darrell Castle & Associates is a wage garnishment lawyer Memphis TN can trust.