As a 3M Faulty Military Earplugs lawyer TN trusts, I am offering a free legal consultation to any veteran who used the earplugs and later suffered hearing damage.
I am a veteran. I know the importance and meaning of military service. And I know how much trust a soldier has with his or her equipment, and how we rely on the supplies we are issued to protect us. This is also why I am a 3M faulty military earplugs lawyer fighting for justice for veterans.
3M is a company that manufactures earplugs. For twelve years, 3M had a lucrative contract with America’s armed forces. They sold our military earplugs for use in combat zones like Afghanistan and Iraq. Earplugs that promised to protect the hearing of our brave soldiers.
But, according to a complaint filed by the U.S. Government against 3M, the company knew their two-sided earplugs would eventually fail, offering little to no protection to the soldiers wearing them. But they went ahead with the sale anyway.
The earplugs allegedly:
- Were too short for proper insertion in the ears.
- Could loosen over time, decreasing their effectiveness.
- Could gradually lose noise-cancellation performance.
3M said nothing of these defects. Instead, the faulty earplugs were distributed widely, and 3M profited nicely from this arrangement for over a decade.
The Facts About the 3M Faulty Military Earplugs
Here are the most important facts you need to know about the 3M lawsuit, and the model of earplugs that are allegedly at fault.
- The defective earplug model under scrutiny is the Combat Arms™ Earplugs Version 2 (3M CAE.V2).
- They are two-sided, with one side green and one side yellow. They are the only two-sided earplugs in use, so it’s easy to know they are the right ones.
- The military purchased them to protect the hearing of soldiers in war zones in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- They were in use from 2003-2015.
- 3M is accused of not informing the military of a known defect, which may have resulted in hearing loss, impairment, or tinnitus (ringing in the ears) for veterans who used them.
- The earliest any potential victim could possibly have known of the problem was July 2018 when the Department of Justice released the information publicly.
Remember one thing if nothing else: this company injured men and women who risk and give their lives for our freedom, and they did it for profit. Because of 3M, the next time you thank a veteran for her service, she might not be able to hear you.
I am outraged, and I am here to get you justice.
Hearing loss or impairment can be devastating, and you don’t have to fight this alone. Contact us online or call us at (901) 327-1212 for a completely free legal consultation, no strings attached.
We can help you if served in the military between 2003 and 2015 and used 3-M Combat Arms™ Earplugs Version 2 and later suffered hearing loss, impairment, or tinnitus. When you call, we will ask you a few questions to get to know your case:
- What base or country you were in when you used the earplugs?
- Did you buy them yourself or were they issued to you?
- What was your baseline hearing when you first entered the military, and what it was at discharge?
- Most importantly, we want to know your compelling story. How has your hearing loss, impairment, or tinnitus changed the way you live? Are you unable to hear your baby’s voice or function without the help of a hearing aid?
Reach out to us today to get expert legal advice from a team of experienced lawyers who can help you. We are standing by to get you and your family the justice you deserve, and we won’t make a cent unless we win your case.