By: Darrell Castle
Nursing home abuse attorneys can help victims and their families receive the compensation they deserve.
If your loved one is in a nursing home, he or she might be abused or neglected today.
In Tennessee, only 1 in 23 cases of elder abuse is reported. That’s because the abuser often controls the victim’s access to the outside world. Bruises go unnoticed. Behavioral signs aren’t witnessed. The abuse continues.
I hope you’re regularly visiting your loved one in the nursing home. And if you’re not, then please do. And when you visit, look for signs of abuse.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation provides a list of abuse signs to look out for. And abuse isn’t just physical. It can be sexual, mental or emotional as well!
If you find that your loved one IS being abused, you should contact an experienced nursing home abuse attorney immediately. And here are 5 reasons why:
- Yes, the police can and will investigate the abuse situation. However, an experienced attorney will push to make sure the sad and dangerous situation gets the attention it deserves.
- When you file a personal injury claim, you and your loved one can get compensation. This is compensation that can go a long way towards paying expensive medical bills.
- And sometimes people want to attempt these personal injury claims on their own, but they’re complex and tedious. An experienced attorney knows how to investigate and prepare a successful case. Choose that route instead of trying it on your own.
- Receiving compensation won’t make up for the pain and suffering your loved one has endured. But it will help restore a sense of justice. It will help alleviate the hurt. It will help you and your loved one feel like you got something back.
- Your loved one deserves a fair shot. Your loved one has dealt with this abuse that he or she didn’t deserve. No one deserves it. Now it’s your duty to make sure your loved one gets the legal attention that IS deserved.
We Can Help
The staff at Darrell Castle & Associates hates nursing home abuse. We can’t stand it and we WON’T stand FOR it.
For decades, our team has handled nursing home abuse cases of all shapes and sizes. And our detail, precision and quick response has made us successful. Those are a few of the many reasons we’ve received multiple Client Distinction Awards from Martindale-Hubbell for client satisfaction.
How to Get in Touch With Us
If your loved one is being abused, we want to help.
Call (901) 327-1212 today to schedule a FREE case evaluation. Or you can fill out the form to the right of the page to have someone from our office contact YOU.