Watch Out for these Dangerous Drugs that May Be in Your Home Right Now
As a dangerous drugs lawyer Memphis TN relies on, I want you to know about the riskiest drugs that may be in your home right now. Read on to see the surprising list.
Dangerous Prescription Drugs
While many prescription drugs have long lists of potential side effects, the medicines that made this list have proven to be particularly harmful. Here are the dangerous prescription drugs I see most often in personal injury lawsuits.
- Valsartan: Valsartan is an active ingredient used in several drugs that treat heart failure and high blood pressure. But the FDA recalled the drug, linking it to cases of kidney, liver, and colorectal cancer.
- Zofran: Many women take the drug Zofran during pregnancy to treat morning sickness. However, if taken during the first trimester of a pregnancy, Zofran has been associated with devastating and serious birth defects in babies. These include hole in the heart, heart murmur, cleft palate, and cleft lip, among others. Some have been born with just one kidney.
- Oxycodone-based drugs like Percocet, Oxycontin, and others. Opioid-based drugs like these are highly addictive and easily abused. They can cause birth defects in babies and are responsible for killing a record number of Americans. When opioids are used by pregnant mothers, the child can develop something known as Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome, which is a serious set of symptoms that can lead to a lifetime of struggle for the child.
Dangerous Over-the-Counter Drugs
Prescription drugs are not the only dangerous drugs that may be in your home. These over-the-counter household staples are also responsible for serious harm.
- Tylenol: In 2009, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reported that acetaminophen, the active ingredient in Tylenol and other over-the-counter medications, was the leading cause of acute liver failure in the US between 1998 and 2003. Soon after, numerous people came forward with reports of serious liver damage from using Tylenol exactly as directed on the label. Learn more about the dangers of Tylenol here.
- Baby Powder: This one may surprise you. Baby powder, also known as talcum powder, contains talc — a mineral that isn’t meant to be absorbed into the human body. Though many products use it to prevent rashes, research has linked talc to cancer. Studies have found that talcum powder can travel into a woman’s internal organs, causing ovarian cancer in some cases.
If You Have Been Injured by Any of These Drugs, Call a Dangerous Drugs Lawyer Memphis Trusts.
If you have suffered a personal injury from any of these drugs, call us right away for a free consultation. Though we cannot restore you or your loved one to health, we may be able to help you get substantial compensation for your injury, so that you can focus on your recovery.
Pharmaceutical giants are some of the most powerful companies in the world, but our team at Darrell Castle & Associates, PLLC is known for handling complicated cases with ease. In fact, we have a lot of experience with cases against even the biggest corporations. You shouldn’t be held liable for expensive medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pain, suffering and more. And we’ll make sure you aren’t.
Contact us online or call (901) 327-1212 today. Our team of dangerous drugs lawyers Memphis residents rely on will walk you through every part of the process.