On Saturday, August 13, 2023, a fatal crash occurred in the Frayser neighborhood of Memphis, Tennessee. The crash involved a single vehicle that left the roadway and struck four parked cars. The driver of the vehicle was pronounced dead at the scene.
The crash happened in the area of Overton Crossing and Cassie Avenue. Police responded to the scene around 2:00 a.m. and found the vehicle had struck four parked cars. The driver was trapped inside the vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation. Police say they do not believe alcohol or drugs were a factor in the crash. However, they are still looking into whether the driver was speeding or distracted.
This is the latest in a string of fatal crashes in the Frayser neighborhood. In recent months, there have been several crashes that have claimed the lives of pedestrians and motorists.
The residents of Frayser are calling on the city to take action to address the problem of reckless driving in the neighborhood. They say that drivers are often speeding and running red lights, putting pedestrians and motorists at risk.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Memphis, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. A catastrophic injury lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and options.
Contact a catastrophic injury lawyer in Memphis today to discuss your case.
What to Do After a Catastrophic Car Accident
If you have been involved in a catastrophic car accident, it is important to take steps to protect your legal rights. Here are some things you should do:
- Seek medical attention immediately. Even if you do not feel injured, it is important to see a doctor as soon as possible after a car accident. This will help to document your injuries and ensure that you receive the treatment you need.
- Call the police and file a report. The police report will document the details of the accident, which will be important if you decide to file a personal injury lawsuit.
- Exchange information with the other driver(s). Get the name, address, insurance information, and driver’s license number of the other driver(s) involved in the accident.
- Take photos of the accident scene. If possible, take photos of the damage to the vehicles, the surrounding area, and any injuries you sustained.
- Get witness statements. If there were any witnesses to the accident, get their contact information and ask them to write down what they saw.
- Contact a catastrophic injury lawyer. A lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and options after a car accident. They can also help you file a personal injury lawsuit if necessary.
If you have been injured in a catastrophic car accident, you deserve to be compensated for your losses. Contact a catastrophic injury lawyer from Darrell Castle & Associates today to discuss your case. The sooner you reach out, the more likely you may get compensation for your case.