Car Accident Lawyer Memphis, TN
There’s nothing worse than suffering from an accident that wasn’t your fault to begin with, and then finding out that your car accident claim was denied. There are steps you have take to help ensure you car insurance claim is accepted, and how to protect yourself from sneaky insurance adjusters who are only out to save money. A victim in a car accident may want to consult with a lawyer about what to do in the days and weeks after the accident. A lawyer may have insight into car accidents claims that you had not been aware of. Here are some ways to help protect yourself during the claim process:
Q: How can I take the steps necessary to ensure my claim is accepted?
A: In order for your insurance company to accept your car accident claim, there is certain information you must be able to report to your insurer about what happened. In some cases, an innocent driver involved in a car accident gets a claim unfairly rejected. Those who feel they were wrongfully denied may want to meet with a legal professional right away for help. To lessen the chances of your claim being denied, consider taking the following steps:
- Exchange information with the other driver including details like name, contact, insurance company, license plate number, vehicle registration, driver’s license number, and policy number
- Asking for the name of the insurance agent for the other driver
- Jotting down the time, date, and location of the car accident
- Gathering witness names and contact information
- Responding officer’s name and report number for the accident
- Reporting the car accident to your insurer same day or next day (unless you were hospitalized or severely injured and unable to do so)
- Do not accept blame for the accident, even if you think you may have been partially at-fault (the police report may reveal details that show the other driver was actually responsible)
Q: What can I do to fight a car accident claim denial?
A: If you took all the steps necessary and gave your insurance company the information needed but the claim was still rejected, request a letter of explanation from your insurer. You may then want to talk with an attorney about your options in fighting this rejection. If you were the victim of the accident, you may have sustained serious injuries and faced substantial financial loss. It can be difficult to overcome the financial setback if your car accident claim was rejected. If needed, an attorney can help you file a complaint to the state’s insurance commissioner.
Q: What if my claim was denied after talking with an insurance adjuster?
A: Many insurance adjusters are only worried about saving the company money. If you spoke with an insurance adjuster and then received notice your claim was denied or greatly minimized, it may be time to halt and talk with an attorney. Calling the adjuster angry and demanding to know why it was denied may only make matters worse. If you are struggling with receiving what you need financially in a car accident claim, it may be in your best interest to hire a car accident lawyer Memphis, TN offers to fight for you.
Contact Darrell Castle & Associates, PLLC for their insight into car accidents and how to prevent your car accident claim from being denied.