Every few months we hear about a tragic accident in which someone dies after being ejected from a car.
These accidents are so horrifying, so unexpected and extreme, that we assume they’ll never happen to us.
Indeed, there are many things we can all do to protect ourselves from being ejected from a car. We should always:
- Wear a seat-belt, and position it correctly on our bodies.
- Never drive with the door off the car, as is popular with some off-road vehicles.
- Have our vehicle regularly inspected.
- Only buy airbags or get airbag repairs from the dealership or dealership-approved companies, who will inform you about recalls.
But ejection can still happen, and it doesn’t have to involve heavy impact. It can also happen when a car tips or flips, as shown by a recent tragic accident of this kind in Memphis.
As a Memphis car accident lawyer, I know these accidents can be very complicated, with a lot of possible causes. Not only are the injuries typically severe or fatal, but the investigation can go on for a long time. That’s what we’re seeing with the accident listed above.
Police and attorneys like myself have to look at a variety of factors:
- Did the airbags work? Had they been worked on in the past, possibly incorrectly?
- Were there other drivers involved?
- Were passengers wearing a seat-belt? And did those seat-belts malfunction in any way?
- Was anyone distracted or under the influence at the time of the crash?
- Did the tires fail, shred or blow out at the time of the crash?
The investigation can also get extremely expensive. Tests will need to be done, witnesses contacted, and medical records sought. Insurance companies don’t want to pay anything until they know the entire story.
That’s why victims and their families always need a lawyer in a situation like this. Insurance companies want to avoid paying you. A lawyer can help you figure out what happened, who is to blame, and what needs to be done about it.
This is a really important issue to me, because I’ve always cared about the little guy. In fact, I wrote a whole book on it.
As a car accident lawyer, my job is to help you get exactly what you need and deserve after a horrible crash like car ejection. I investigate your case and advocate for you, and I don’t get paid anything unless you do.
If you or a loved one face a terrible accident like car ejection, give me a call at 901-327-1212 or contact me online. I’m here to help.