Personal Injury Lawyer
Not all personal injury cases are created equal. Especially when it comes to injuries at hospitals, it can often be harder to find who you are supposed to point the finger at and where you should file a claim. Many are often tempted to file a medical malpractice suit because they came home sick from the hospital or because they went into a procedure and did not get the results they were hoping for. However, hospital accident lawyers, like from MartinWren, P.C., can tell you that this is not how a medical malpractice case works. Just because you came home feeling ill or because you did not get the results you hoped for does not mean that you have a medical malpractice claim on your hands. Instead, you should speak with an attorney to discuss the details of your situation so we can represent you.
What is required in a medical malpractice claim?
When you come to our office, this is one of the first things we will try to establish. If you are unsure of whether your situation qualifies as medical malpractice, we can guide you through the steps with a few questions:
- Were you working with a healthcare provider who owed you a duty of care?
- Did that healthcare provider breach that duty in some way?
- When they breached that duty, did it specifically result in you becoming harmed or being made ill?
- Is there compensation you can receive because of the injury or illness?
Without the four elements above, you would not have a medical malpractice claim to argue. Our hospital accident attorney has represented many clients in medical malpractice cases and knows that each element is critical when filing a claim. Some example of breaches of duty are:
- A doctor or nurse did not give you the proper medication
- A doctor or nurse failed to give you medication at the right time
- A surgeon left a tool in you while they were closing you up
- A doctor failed to diagnose an injury or illness when another reasonable doctor would have
- The hospital environment you were staying in was so unclean that you contracted an illness or disease from staying there
If you believe you have a hospital accident claim on your hands, please do not hesitate to contact a hospital accident attorney for a consultation.