Workers Compensation Lawyer Memphis TN Recommends Discusses Benefits
The last thing any employee wants to fall victim to is a work-related injury. Injuries obtained at work can be a real setback both physically and financially. It can be incredibly overwhelming to manage your recovery with the constant stress of finances and your ability to return to work looming overhead. In the event that the injury impacts your ability to continue working, you will be especially overwhelmed with the road that lies ahead. At Darrell Castle & Associates, each workers compensation lawyer cares about the health and well-being of our clients. We have over 30 years of representing people who have experienced injuries on the job.
Things to Keep in Mind about Workers’ Compensation
You will want to make sure that you have covered all of your bases if you have been injured at work. Here are some tips regarding workers’ compensation:
- By accepting workers’ compensation, you waive your right to file a lawsuit for your injuries. There are a few exceptions to this rule, for example, if your employer intentionally caused you harm, workers’ compensation benefits were denied, or you were fired for collecting workers’ compensation.
- You will need to file for workers’ compensation fairly quickly. There can be strict rules surrounding approval of workers’ compensation, by not reporting the accident; you put yourself at risk your benefits being denied.
- Immediately seek medical attention. You will want to have clear documentation and proof of your injuries.
- A Memphis TN workers compensation lawyer can help you file workers’ compensation in a timely manner. They can also be helpful in weighing your options with you.
When faced with the prospect of accepting workers compensation for a significant injury, consider consulting a seasoned Memphis, Tennessee workers compensation lawyer to learn about how you may be able to maximize any benefits you may be eligible for. Without proper legal guidance, it is too easy for injured workers to be unknowingly taken advantage of by insurance carriers and even by their employers. Working with an experienced attorney will help to ensure that your legal and financial rights remain protected and respected. In preparation for your consultation, please feel free to write down any questions you may have about the following workers compensation “basics” so that you can discuss them with your Memphis, TN workers compensation lawyer.
Who pays for my workers compensation benefits?
In the United States, most employers are required by their state to purchase workers compensation insurance through a commercial insurance carrier. In addition, they are not permitted to subtract those premiums from their employees’ salaries or hourly wages. When an injured worker files for workers compensation benefits they are paid for by the commercial insurance carrier. In an effort to maximize their profits, the carrier may deny a legitimate claim or not provide the injured worker with all of the benefits to which they are eligible. This is partially why it is so important to contact a Memphis, TN workers compensation lawyer before signing any paperwork or agreement related to workers compensation benefits.
If I was hurt before my workday concluded, do I get paid for the entire day’s work?
This will vary from state to state, so your Memphis, TN workers compensation lawyer can provide more clarity on this issue. Generally speaking, the day you were injured is usually considered the first day of your disability period. If you are paid a full day’s wages for that day, then the next day will be considered the first day of your disability period.
If I receive a medical bill for my work-related injury, what should I do?
If you notified the medical provider that your workplace injury is covered by workers compensation, then you should not have received a bill for that treatment. This is with the understanding that the treatment was necessary and reasonable. If the workers compensation carrier denied payment of that treatment, you may have to pay it. To help prevent this possibility, if you suffered a serious injury while on the job, contact a Memphis, TN workers compensation lawyer before agreeing to a benefits package.
How much compensation will I receive from workers compensation in addition to medical benefits?
Again, this varies from state to state. However, in most states the amount of compensation that an injured worker will receive in lieu of their normal wages will be about two-thirds of what they normally earn while working. The total amount received is directly related to how much time you will need to take off from work in order to recover from your injury.
Have you been injured on the job? Please schedule a consultation with the team at Darrell Castle & Associates, PLLC today to learn how we can help you receive the maximum amount of any benefits you may be eligible for.
Tips for Finding a Qualified Attorney
With so many options available to you, finding a workers compensation attorney you can trust can seem like a daunting process. By taking the time to research your options, you give yourself the opportunity to obtain an attorney that is experienced in this particular area of practice. By taking the proper steps, you can feel certain that you are in good hands:
- Set up a time to interview the Memphis TN attorney and ask them questions regarding their practice. Most workers’ compensation attorneys offer free consultations. This can give you the opportunity to go over the specific details of your case and make a determination regarding whether they are the right fit for you.
- Conduct Internet searches of attorneys in your area. Visiting an attorney’s website can be helpful in obtaining the answers to questions you may have. You may also be able to gather online reviews of the attorney you are considering.
- Ask them for references from past clients.
- Ask them about their recent successes. This can help you to get an idea of how successful the attorney is. You will certainly want to choose a workers compensation lawyer in Memphis TN with a good track record.
Work-related injuries that impact your ability to earn the living you once did can be an incredible burden for someone. You will certainly want to speak with Darrell Castle & Associates to determine the best course of action for you. Contact a workers compensation lawyer Memphis TN clients trust today to schedule your free case consultation, we are happy to review your case before you make any decisions regarding our services. Allow for us to look over your case and further outline reasons we may be able to help you with your workers’ comp claim.
“Connie and Jordan made sure everything went smooth for me. They answered every question I had. Definitely made sure it was easy & painless from start to finish.”