Workers Compensation Lawyer Memphis TN Recommends Discusses Benefits
The last thing any employee wants to fall victim to is a work-related injury. Injuries obtained at work can be a real setback both physically and financially. It can be incredibly overwhelming to manage your recovery with the constant stress of finances and your ability to return to work looming overhead. In the event that the injury impacts your ability to continue working, you will be especially overwhelmed with the road that lies ahead. At Darrell Castle & Associates, each workers compensation lawyer cares about the health and well-being of our clients. We have over 30 years of representing people who have experienced injuries on the job.
- By accepting workers’ compensation, you waive your right to file a lawsuit for your injuries. There are a few exceptions to this rule, for example, if your employer intentionally caused you harm, workers’ compensation benefits were denied, or you were fired for collecting workers’ compensation.
- You will need to file for workers’ compensation fairly quickly. There can be strict rules surrounding approval of workers’ compensation, by not reporting the accident; you put yourself at risk your benefits being denied.
- Immediately seek medical attention. You will want to have clear documentation and proof of your injuries.
- A Memphis TN workers compensation lawyer can help you file workers’ compensation in a timely manner. They can also be helpful in weighing your options with you.
- Set up a time to interview the Memphis TN attorney and ask them questions regarding their practice. Most workers’ compensation attorneys offer free consultations. This can give you the opportunity to go over the specific details of your case and make a determination regarding whether they are the right fit for you.
- Conduct Internet searches of attorneys in your area. Visiting an attorney’s website can be helpful in obtaining the answers to questions you may have. You may also be able to gather online reviews of the attorney you are considering.
- Ask them for references from past clients.
- Ask them about their recent successes. This can help you to get an idea of how successful the attorney is. You will certainly want to choose a workers compensation lawyer in Memphis TN with a good track record.