CANCER AND THE USE OF ROUNDUP
As the most widely used herbicide in the world, Roundup has been applied by farmers, landscapers, and gardeners almost exclusively for decades. But, in 2015, the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) labeled the active ingredient in Roundup as a probable carcinogen.
Until recently, Monsanto owned a patent on the Roundup chemical Glyphosate. It first appeared in Roundup and has been independently classified as a 2A carcinogen. Roundup also contains something called POEA, which has not been tested independently for how it interacts with Glyphosate.
Now, unsealed documents show Monsanto may have misled the public on its safety standards and research practices. The document came to light during the discovery stage in a related lawsuit. The implication is horrifying and despicable.
WHY A LAWSUIT?
A lawsuit is the only way to get Monsanto’s attention because the company will not do the right thing voluntarily.
Independent studies show Roundup contains an incredibly toxic soup of ingredients, and it appears Monsanto may have purposefully hidden its dangers. We are participating in a lawsuit against Monsanto and its parent company, Bayer. Based on medical evidence, we suspect the chemicals in Roundup may be the cause of Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma and other deadly cancers.
My team and I are working hard to make sure that the people of Tennessee, Arkansas and Mississippi (our farmers, neighbors, family, and dear friends) do not have to suffer alone for their injuries caused by Roundup. We can help them recover damages so they can pay for their treatment and provide for their families. Our firm does not make a penny unless we win the case; we feel it is the only decent way to serve these victims.
- This case has nothing to do with medical providers and is strictly against the manufacturer of Roundup.
- Glyphosate, the active ingredient in these week killers, has been ruled a “probable carcinogen” by the International Agency for Research on Cancer.
- Repeated exposure may cause Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma and lung cancer.
- Farmers, agricultural workers, grounds-keepers and landscapers may be at greatest risk for developing cancer, especially if they work with Roundup or Ranger Pro on a regular basis or have ever spilled it on themselves.
- A California jury recently ruled that Monsanto’s weed killers were the cause of a man’s Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. As a consequence, Monsanto was ordered to pay the dying man $289 million in damages.
- Patients may have Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma because Monsanto knew Roundup caused cancer but didn’t care. WE CARE, IN FACT WE ARE OUTRAGED! AND, THEIR VICTIMS DESERVE JUSTICE!
IF THIS APPLIES TO ME, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
If you have been diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma or another form of cancer and work with or have worked with Roundup or Ranger Pro, you should contact a personal injury attorney experienced in dealing with dangerous drugs and dangerous products.
My law firm, Darrell Castle and Associates PLLC was formed in 1984 and since then we have been dedicated to providing high quality legal representation while treating our clients with respect as individuals. Through our Personal Injury Department, we help people who have been injured by the negligence or wrongdoing of others. People suffering such injuries often incur medical costs, lost wages and other expenses in addition to pain, suffering and sometimes death. We help them or their families obtain compensation.
Darrell Castle and Associates
4515 Poplar Avenue, Suite 510
Memphis, TN 38117