Are you in excessive debt and are unsure about how you will get out of it? Do you feel like your financial problems are causing surmounting stress that is having an overall effect on your life? If so, it may be time to consider debt resolution options such as filing for bankruptcy. This process is not as bad as it sounds, or is often made out to be. In fact, it has helped thousands of people to get their life back on track.
What Bankruptcy Lawyers Can Do for Individuals
Individuals have several options when it comes to filing for bankruptcy. The most common types are Chapter 7 and Chapter 13, but there are also a few other types that could be applicable to your personal situation. Lawyers will review your needs and circumstances to determine what solution will serve you best. Rest assured, we will take ample time to assess your debts, finances, and other factors to suggest the type of bankruptcy that can bring you the most relief and with the least amount of impact on your life. The different types of bankruptcy for individuals include:
The most popular form of bankruptcy, this involves a liquidation of any non exempt assets to repay as much of your debt as possible. In return, the bankruptcy court forgives most, or all, of the remaining debt.
This enables individuals to resolve very serious debt issues without liquidating assets. Chapter 13 does not have as great an effect on your credit because a portion of the debt is to be paid through an arranged court approved plan.
The Alternatives to Bankruptcy
Upon reviewing your financial records and debts with a lawyer, you might realize that bankruptcy is not the best solution. In this case you may be suited to alternatives such as:
- Consolidation Loan – It may be possible for you to qualify for a loan. In this case you would pay off your debts and then make payments to the bank.
- Negotiation of Debts – Certain creditors will negotiate the terms of your debt because they are likely to receive more than what they would if you filed for bankruptcy.
- Loan Adjustments – If you have concerns about losing your house or other belongings, a lawyer may help you to negotiate the terms of the loan with the lender so that your payments are more practical.
- Why Hire a Law Firm?
By choosing a law firm, you can feel confident in knowing they:
- Are committed to finding the most appropriate solution for your needs.
- Will work hard to get you on the right track.
- Help to stop your phone from ringing every day by telling your debt collectors to back off.
- Can answer your questions and explain the entire process to you.
Get Started Now
If you’re ready to take control of your financial burden and resolve your debt, call a credit card defense lawyer today.