Auto Accident Lawyer Memphis, TN
Any person who has been part of a car accident, probably knows just how stressful and painful such an incident can be. The victim of a car collision may have too much to deal with, including talking with an insurance company to file a claim, paying for medical bills related to accident injuries, and making arrangements to get vehicle repairs. It just does not seem fair for the victim to endure losses because of another driver’s carelessness. At some point, the victim in a car wreck may consult with a lawyer about how to come back from setbacks.
What are the top causes for car collisions?
Even if a driver is safe and takes measures to prevent being in a car accident, it may happen anyways due to another driver being reckless on the road. There are many reasons why an accident may happen. Some collisions are minor, in which neither driver is really hurt. But then in other cases, those involved may experience severe injuries that require emergency medical care. The top causes for car accidents can include the following:
- Distracted Driving: drivers who are not paying attention when behind the wheel are one of the top causes of vehicle crashes in the United States.
- Speeding: drivers who ignore the speed limit can be putting others and themselves in grave danger if impact were to occur.
- Driving Drunk: drinking alcohol can cause temporary physical and cognitive impairments, that make the driver unfit to operate a vehicle safely.
- Reckless Driving: those who do not drive carefully may cause an accident unnecessarily, taking innocent drivers down with them.
- Poor Weather: those who do not drive slow when the roads are slick may lose control and cause a collision with another vehicle.
- Running Red Lights: drivers who run red lights not only risk an accident, but may cause fatality due to side-impact collisions at high speeds.
- Unsafe Lane Changes: a driver that does not look thoroughly before changing lanes or does not give a proper signal, can easily cause an accident.
- Tailgating: impatience is what drives many drivers to tailgate, when the car ahead is not going fast enough. Tailgating can quickly lead to rear-end collisions.
- Road Rage: when people get angry at another driver, they may let their rage take over their actions. Tailgating, swerving between cars, or yelling at another driver can end in tragedy.
- Fatigue Driving: driving while tired is another leading cause of accidents. Drivers may fall asleep behind the wheel or have a delayed reaction time due to being sleep-deprived.
What can I do if I was the victim of an accident?
Victims of car accidents may want legal advice from an auto accident lawyer Memphis, TN trusts at Darrell Castle & Associates, PLLC to help them decide whether they have a foundation for a lawsuit against the driver responsible. Whether the other driver caused the accident due to the above reasons or something else, the victim driver may be entitled to financial compensation for earnings loss, medical care costs, car repairs, pain and suffering, and more.