Auto Accident Lawyer In Memphis, TN
If you were injured in a car accident, an auto accident lawyer Memphis, TN trusts from Darrell Castle and Associates, PLLC may be able to help. There are many auto accidents that occur each day, whether it’s due to distracted driving, improperly maintained vehicles, poor weather conditions, or other unpredictable factors. Going through an accident can be traumatic and leave lasting physical and emotional scars. You may come out of the experience with many lingering questions related to your losses, insurance, wages, and medical expenses. Fortunately, there are legal resources you can look to for the help you need. We have handled aut
o accident cases for 30 years and know what is necessary to build a successful case. You do not have to go through this on your own.
First Steps to Take After a Car Accident
After a car accident, it is normal to feel overwhelmed and scared. It’s okay to feel shaken up after a potentially life-threatening event. However, it is still important to hold your composure and take the necessary steps to improve your chances of getting fair compensation for your injuries and ensure the responsible parties are held accountable. If you are involved in an auto accident and are able to walk and communicate with witnesses, officers, and other parties involved, there are a few critical things you should do right away. In the event you go through an accident where you aren’t harmed or experience minor injuries, here are the steps you should take at the scene:
- Call the Police: If anyone was injured in a car accident, the police have to come to the scene to investigate and make a report. A Memphis auto accident lawyer from Darrell Castle and Associates, PLLC usually advises clients to get a copy of this report. You can go to the police station and request a copy shortly after the accident. It will likely include important details that may help your case, such as who was at fault for the accident, the location of the accident, and how the accident occurred.
- Take Photos: Photos of the accident scene are great for evidence, as an auto accident lawyer that the Memphis, Tennessee community respects can attest. These photos can help prove what caused the accident and the damages that resulted from the collision. Remember to take clear photos of your injuries, damage to your vehicle, and anything pertinent at the accident scene. Capture all angles and take up-close photos of details, such as airbags and interior of your car. Also be sure to take photos of any debris in and around the scene. If you are physically unable to take these photos on your own, ask a family member, friend, or witness at the scene to do it for you as soon as possible. If your car had to be towed after the accident, take photos of its condition at the towing service. It is also helpful to take photos of your injuries as you recover for additional evidence.
- Make notes: Making notes about the accident, including what you were doing before the accident, where you were going to in your car and why, if anyone was with you, and the exact sequence of events of the accident, and what happened immediately after the accident, as best as you can recall them, will help you to remember things accurately for a long time. You may be asked by law enforcement about what you remember in the hours after an accident. After a traumatic accident, it’s normal for the details of the incident to become fuzzy with time, so you can help your case in the long term by recording events accurately and with specificity. These kinds of details can be especially helpful if you are subject to a deposition by opposing counsel. If you can, please also consider taking notes about any injuries or pain you are experiencing, and when you began to experience it, even days or weeks after the accident. Do this over time in case you might be able to recall certain details you had trouble remembering before. That way you can keep an accurate record to the best of your ability. This will be beneficial in helping you communicate with doctors and other medical providers about your long term health care needs.
- Talk to Witnesses: If there are witnesses present at the accident scene, don’t be afraid to talk to them. Ask them for their names and contact information. Write down this information, if you are able, and store this information in a safe place.These witnesses may be able to testify on your behalf in court and tell their side of the story. They might be able to provide additional details that can help your case, as well as potentially increase your settlement.
- Keep a folder: You may feel overwhelmed with papers, especially early in the process, when you are taking notes, photos, and receiving medical care. Make copies of every pertinent document related to the accident and care you receive due to your injuries. Consider keeping all these documents in one place, like a folder, and please err on the side of keeping documents, not throwing them away. You never know what will be useful down the road.
- Seek Medical Care: It is important to seek medical care as soon as possible, even if your injuries seem minor. It’s advised that you go to a hospital after any accident, regardless if you sustained injuries or not. Also, if you don’t get medical attention right away, insurance adjusters may not believe you are truly injured and try to deny your claim, as an auto accident lawyer Memphis TN relies on, Darrell Castle and Associates, can confirm. It might seem like an unnecessary step, depending on your circumstances, but it is beneficial in upholding the credibility of your claim. In addition, your medical exam and the doctor’s conclusions can aid your case by providing additional statements.
- Hire a Lawyer: If you want to receive fair compensation for your injuries, it may be in your best interest to hire an auto accident lawyer Memphis TN counts on. Having a lawyer by your side ensures that your chances of receiving a fair settlement are increased. They will have the legal knowledge to know which strategies can best help your claim so that you get the justice and compensation you deserve. A trusted lawyer can take care of the legal matters for you so that you can focus solely on your recovery. He or she can help you bring a lawsuit against the driver who hit you and ensure your rights are protected.
What Any Driver Needs to Know About Car Accident Liability
If you have been in a car accident, it’s key to determine who is at fault. Determining liability as soon as possible after the accident is incredibly important simply to make sure the right party is held accountable for their actions; whether it is for insurance or legal reasons. Keeping records, like the photos, notes, reports, medical documents, and other documentation described above, as soon as possible, will help you get started on strong footing.
However, even with the best documentation, it can be a bit tricky to determine exactly who is responsible at the time of the car accident. Since fault can be the most important factor in a legal dispute, you should be sure to consult an auto accident lawyer you can trust in Memphis, TN. They will conduct a proper evaluation of every aspect of your case and contact the right parties at fault. An experienced lawyer understands how to get the necessary information to make sure your claim is as strong as possible.
Determining Liability: Why It Matters
When a person is determined to be at fault in a car accident, they will be expected to pay for any resulting damages. However, if you are in a multi-car accident, it is possible for many parties to be held responsible. When this happens, the next step would be to contact an auto accident lawyer in Memphis, TN, to figure out the level of fault for each person and consequently, determining how much they need to pay for the damage they specifically caused. This is why making a consultation with a lawyer is especially beneficial. Trying to contact multiple parties at fault can introduce additional legal complications that would be tough to sort out on your own. A lawyer has the skills and knowledge to handle such a complex case.
How Do You Determine Fault?
The easiest method of determining fault is by showing evidence. Clear and convincing evidence is the best way to prove to a judge that the other party needs to be held responsible, so do your best to gather as much evidence as you physically can while you are at the scene of the accident. This can be anything from pictures, a police report, or eye-witness testimonies. While gathering evidence, make sure you’ve collected the contact info of every witness, law enforcement officer, and responsible party at the accident scene. Keep your records as complete and as accurate as possible in case you have to deal with a reluctant driver at fault who refuses to cooperate.
If you are looking for an auto accident lawyer Memphis, TN trusts, contact Darrell Castle and Associates, PLLC at 901-327-2100. After going through a life-changing event such as an auto accident, you deserve to have a dedicated and qualified lawyer with years of experience to give you proper legal representation. Someone will be standing by, ready to fight for you!