Elder Care Lawyer Memphis, Tennessee
Our elder care lawyer Memphis, Tennessee relies on from Darrell Castle & Associates, PLLC understands that discovering signs of abuse with your elderly loved one can be horrifying. When you have placed them in the care and trust of a nursing home, you expect that they will get the medical attention they need and that they will have qualified and respectful people looking after them. A nursing home should be a place of respite for the elderly. A place where they are safe from threat and harm. We know that it can be shocking to learn that your loved one is not being treated well at their nursing home. If you would like to speak with us about getting your loved one the legal help they need regarding nursing home abuse, contact our trusted Memphis, TN elder care lawyer. Our elder abuse lawyer Memphis, TN offers is only a phone call away.
Understanding the Signs of Elder Abuse
If you are unsure of whether your loved one is being abused or not, we have listed some of the common signs below. Remember, while abuse is often physical, our Memphis elder care lawyer wants you to know that it can come in many different forms, including emotional, sexual, and financial.
Signs of Physical Abuse
- Your loved one is experiencing sudden weight loss
- They appear dehydrated or like they have not gotten enough food
- They have unexplained injuries like lacerations, bruising, and broken or fractured bones
- They have bedsores (a common sign of neglect)
- They appear overmedicated
Signs of Verbal/Emotional Abuse
- They appear depressed, anxious, or stressed more than they normally do
- They show signs of a “false dementia” and have certain repetitive patterns like mumbling or rocking back and forth
- They appear scared of certain staff members or residents
Signs of Financial Abuse
- They have sudden, unexplained amounts of money leaving their account
- Their personal property has gone missing
- They suddenly make revisions to important life documents like wills or trusts
When you are considering contacting an elder care lawyer in Memphis, Tennessee, it is important that you can verify your loved one’s story and see if you can access their medical records and take photos of any injuries. If you are able to, you may want to remove them from the facility to ensure their safety. If you would like to speak with a Memphis, Tennessee elder care lawyer from Darrell Castle & Associates, PLLC about your loved one’s abuse, please give us a call now.